Monday, August 1, 2011

Wind sails

Psalm 102:23 says "In the course of my life, He broke my strength" NIV
Psalm 102:23 says "God sovereignly brought me to my knees" Msg

Have you ever had the wind taken out of your sails?  I mean, you are going along in life relatively well one minute and then the next minute, life as you knew it has changed forever!  For a person who thinks they are in control this is that feeling of being broken.  Your mask oops mast has fallen!

I can look back on my life and remember a girl I worked with.  Her parents owned their own business and it went bankrupt.  I remember feeling sad and hoping that I would never have to endure that "failing" feeling.  But it is in our failures that we have the opportunity to witness God's grace.  So many of us worry about what failure says about us.  Failures test our trust in God.  Are you all talk in regard to your trust in God?

 Failures hurt our egos aka wind sails.  We love the look or our sails, all puffed up and billowy as we streamline through life's choppy waters. We think we are the source of power behind our circumstances.  When the winds of adversity die though, we are no longer powered by them and then have to resort to other measures to navigate life's stillness and too often we find we are out of gas.


When we come to the end of ourselves, do we find nothing or do we find God?

Looking up!~ Barb

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it has happened to me, as you well know. Our family draws our strength form our prayers to God and knowing that he must have better things for us in all our lives. Wind??? No wind lately, but it is ok.... drifting with God as an anchor is not too bad :)
    Love your new banner pic!!!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete