Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Well it was funny to me!!

Sometimes life presents opportunities that are too good to pass up and the past 24 hours have been the perfect storm of laughter at our house!  I don’t even know where to begin, and I don’t mean to mislead anyone, it wasn’t only at our house, but between my husband and me, wherever we might have been.

First, my computer at work (see it isn’t just at our house) is working as a time machine.  We currently are some aspect of the future, since the last check I wrote, which was this morning, was dated June 26, 2006.  Re-read that slowly, I don’t want you to miss it!  On my e-mails, it lists the categories of receipt as yesterday, today and some date in the future…..did you know you even had that category?  I didn’t!

Last night at dinner, I asked Bruce how the tomatoes were and he would normally say something to the effect of “alright”, what I heard last night was a grunt.  The conversation that preceded that though was a series of other grunts, meaning I said something and he apparently didn’t hear me and said “huh?”  so I repeated the question and again he said “huh? , by the time I got the grunt about the tomatoes, I was choking with laughter…..because I understood what each grunt meant!  Ok, so now you know that we are either weird or on something!  Obviously being married almost 30 years and working together for the last 15 has taken its toll!

This morning, I was reading on a friend’s status on Facebook about our names in Japanese.  See below!
TRY YOUR NAME IN JAPANESE:
A= ka, B=tu, C= mi, D= te, E= ku, F=lu, g= ji, H= ri, I= ki, J= zu,
K= me, L= ta, M= rin, N= to, O= mo, P= no, Q= ke, R= shi, S= ari,
T= chi, U= do, V= ru, W=mei, X= na, Y= fu, Z= zi.......

If I go with Barbara, mine is Tukashitukashika…….but I don’t go by Barbara, I go by Barb.

So Barb = Tukashitu

So, at lunch today, I’m envisioning Bruce introducing me to a new client.  This is my wife, Tukashitu and the client looking aghast (or a gas) and saying that’s rather personal isn’t it? 

Or someone yelling for me off in the distance – “Tukashitu” and someone nearby looking around asking, are you talking to me?  Or who wants to know?

Do I need to be spelling this out or are you getting it?  Break it down and not by the way the letters are written in the above alphabet…… try the 3 letters, then 1 letter, then 4 letters and then 1 letter method!

Finally, I was on the phone while trying to eat lunch.  Hey, business is slow these days, you don’t put off a phone call for any reason…..anyway, I had the phone stretched on its bungee cord about 5 feet, and I was trying to write down what the person on the other end was saying….well, I could feel the phone slipping and it shot across the 5 foot expanse just like someone bungee jumping, I literally had to take cover!  This elicited guffaws and almost snorts on both the part of my husband and I, and I had to get it together and get back on the phone after it stopped pingponging all over the place.  You know the harder you try not to laugh, well….

Tukashitu

No comments:

Post a Comment