Monday, April 4, 2011

Master Peace

Each morning is like a new canvas given to an artist.  And whether or not you want to believe in your ability, each of us is the artist, no matter what our medium may be.  For some they are creative – painter, musician, writer; for others they may be teachers, factory workers, parents, the list goes on.  It does not matter what our skills are, we get a fresh canvas with which to work every day.  At the end of the day, our art is framed and hung for all to see.

Too many of us start our days stressed and it is as if we take the canvas of our day and splatter our color carelessly on it.  There isn’t necessarily any rhyme or reason to it and the colors can be bold and vivid, but at the end of the day, when the stress has beaten us down, the picture seems as if it has been over coated with black.  I use to feel this way.

It has been my recent experience though that by starting my day with conscious quiet time with God, that I still get my canvas each morning and I still get to create however instead of the quick, choppy splatter marks of my own doing, I instead get the hand of the Master helping me create long, flowing beautiful strokes.  At the end of my day, I am able to look back with contentment.

Our lives are His Masterpiece or said the same but differently, His MasterPeace.  When we allow Him the opportunity to be present, He helps us create beautiful works of art.  What moves you?  I have been blessed to be moved by music, like Pachelbel's Canon in D, or by photographs of nature.  Pictures of faces both the young and the old  also move me. The creamy, soft texture of a baby's face on to the deep wrinkles of the aged tells a story and for me, the wrinkles we achieve as we age, are a thing of beauty, because it tells me that that person has lived! 

Yes, starting my day consciously quiet has changed my life's view of the art I wish to create.

Looking up!~Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment