Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Heart Speak

Heart speak is the tender outpouring of words and actions without the filter of the analytical mind.  Unfortunately our minds tend to serve as the judge and jury of whatever it takes in and more often than not that information should be bypassed with our hearts.
It is said that Jesus knows each of our hearts, meaning that deepest part of us where He is at the center.  When we are tender-hearted, we are sensitive to those people or things that He is mindful of.  When our minds seize control and place their judgments over people and things, we become indifferent to them or worse yet, when we think that they are “against” us, we become hardened or calloused against them.
When our hearts are in this state, hardened and calloused, we are unable to allow any penetration or outpouring of God’s love.  At this point we are lost. 
I was asked the other day to name a fear.  My fear is to be lost, or abandoned …..by God.  If I allow my heart to stay hardened, as stated above, I can’t feel Him in me and my outward appearance becomes cynical.  So what keeps me separated?  Me.  Because in my desire/need to be “right” I am unable to be forgiving.
Have you ever known or even loved someone, whose outlook on the world is just dark?  Somewhere along the line, they were hurt and rather than take that hurt to God and lay it at His feet, they have taken that hurt into their heart and used it against themselves.  Forgiveness is the key.  Forgiveness of the other person, the situation or themselves, unlocks that door and rolls out that welcome mat.  No forgiveness does not mean you forget, it just means you’ve allowed your heart to be opened to the healing that is waiting just outside its chambers.
I do not mean to sound trite, in my seemingly easy explanation.  I have experienced the heartfelt hurts and have built many a wall to try to protect myself and it was through that experience that I learned of my own calloused, hardened heart.  I had to take that hurt or rejection and lay it at God’s feet and the most difficult thing I then had to do was not pick it back up, you see, it had become familiar to me, like a crutch.  It became part of who I was!
Yes, I still can allow myself to be hurt, that is just a possibility when you open your heart to others, but now, instead of letting my mind filter the situations, I try to let God be the filter of my heart.  When my mind leads, I can get into relationships I have no business being involved in, but when my heart leads, I am secure in God’s blessings of those people and situations.
Looking up!~Barb

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is AMEN to this post!! Thanks, Barb!

    ReplyDelete