Friday, April 29, 2011

For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light. Ps36:9

This thought popped into my mind while I was reading this, this morning.  I'm running a great distance, in the dark and I am thirsty.  In the distance I can make out a point of light in the darkness ahead.  As I slowly make my way closer, I hear the sound of trickling water but am unable to see its source.  My thirst intensifies, I need refreshing.  The light is illuminating something, but I am still too far to make it out.  I push myself to mover farther ahead, closer to that which beckons me.  I stumble.  As I right myself, I see a fountain of cool, clean water begging my presence.  I reach out my cupped hand bringing the refreshing sweetness to my lips.  Joy permeates my being and I am transfixed by the lightness of my body.  Surely I have found God.  Let me stay and rest awhile in this place.

In the simpleness of a moment, we can savor the sweetness of God!

Looking up!~Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment