Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tears

Today it is raining in Charlotte.  Usually I dislike rainy days, but today, I had a different experience and I want to share it.  I was sitting reading my various morning devotionals and that too is a relatively new experience for me, and today’s reading stated that I should “Stop trying to work things out before their times have come.  When things do come to my attention, I am to ask (God) You, whether or not it is part of today’s agenda.”  - Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

A few years ago, I read something about prayer.  Prayer is nothing more than a conversation……with God.  Think about your conversations with others, do you just sit down with them over a cup of coffee with a litany of your wishes, then once your list is completed, stand up and walk away?  Ouch, I have to say that, that basically described my prayer life.  That was until I learned that I needed to try what was called “Two-way prayer.”

Two-way prayer is finding time to sit and be quiet.  You need to clear your mind of all distractions, a major feat in itself, and then you need to listen.  Half the battle is staying in that realm of being free from distraction, so the first thing I do is ask for God to help me there.  But this is not the point of what I am trying to say in today’s blog.  I am actually going to share what I felt in my heart.

As mentioned, it is raining today.  Tears fall – ours, comingled together.  As I watch Your (Godly) tears cascade down my windows, I feel our connection.  You say “Let your tears fall freely and I will catch them and save them, for there are no tears here in heaven, but the tears I’ve saved from you, I will re-use to water the many gardens of heaven.  See your tears are never wasted.”

That’s what I heard this morning, when I was quiet and listening.  A few years ago, there was a song about tears.  It was entitled “Healing Rain.”  Whenever I hear this song, I think about the times I would listen to it with my sister (in-law) Nancy, who has since died from pancreatic cancer.  The tears we shared, were the cement that bonded us together.  That bond was God’s blessing of our friendship.  Neither Nanc nor I were (are) openly public “criers” but sometimes, sometimes the tears like rain must fall.  Tears shared between friends are priceless and I am forever grateful to God for letting me share in the lives of those who allow me this opportunity of fellowship!

Looking up!~
Barb

2 comments:

  1. I really do appreciate the uncanny timing of your posts.....crying seems to be a daily part of my life right now. But, I am not still enough or quiet enough to let God share the tears with me or comfort me in these times. Thanks, Barb, for helping me Get IT!!
    I want to share happy times with you along with sad times, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there "friend" and I know who you are :), we will share both the tears of joy and sadness, for I truly believe that God doesn't want us to walk "alone". Friends are God's helpers!

    ReplyDelete