Saturday, November 12, 2011

Prevailing provoking thoughts


Ok, call me a cracked pot if you want, but read this message for what it is meant to be – a stirring of your thoughts to what this world is becoming.  The events of the past week at State College, the political strife that is going on, the economic pitfalls, the lies all point to the power of a world fallen.  Who do we believe?  Can there ever again be an element of trust?  Show me anyone, and someone else will have their agenda take them out, so that evil will dominate.  We point our fingers of blame and everyone suffers the consequences.


Wow.  What I just wrote was definitely dark but is necessary to think about!  I just finished reading a series by Joel C. Rosenberg that was a fictional account based on some real events taking (notice the verb in the present tense) place in our world as it compares to biblical prophecy.  The books in order of being written were The Last Jihad, The Last Days, The Ezekiel Option, The Copper Scroll and finally Dead Heat.  


In the first book they were talking about Egypt’s President Mubarek, and I was reading this while the news was on in the background and I looked up in surprise when I heard the name I was just reading about.  These books were well written and thought provoking.  The statement always hanging in the back of my mind was – if this should come to pass, where do I stand?!  This is a question we should all be asking ourselves and unfortunately it is not an easy question to answer or even to want to think about.


Do we continue to live with our heads in the sand thinking nothing really bad will happen?  Do we really not want to see that evil exists in our world and we are buying into it at alarming speeds?  Our greed knows no boundaries and we are having too much of a good time to want to stop and think such dark, foreboding thoughts.  I am NOT a biblical scholar and yet I feel inspired to want to shake those I know to wake them up to the world around them.  Some may say it is coincidental, some may say it is hype but the bottom line for me is what if it is the truth?  Do you want to gamble on whether or not what the Bible says is truth or fiction?  Some may think, I’ll think on this later.  Well, without wanting to give it away.  What if your decision to explore it and apply it, is a second too late?  


I use to and sometimes still do read real fairy tales.  These are the happily ever after type books that usually wind up being dramas that come to a good conclusion.  I read all sorts of fiction from crime dramas, to tearjerkers, but this series by Rosenberg and also the Left Behind Series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins left me astounded to the consequences of not knowing enough about the Bible and its history.  These were fictional books!


I can’t make decisions for anyone in regard to their eternal futures.  It is, after all, a personal choice.  But as is implied in the two series I mentioned, when (not if) our world self-destructs and we are advancing at an alarming rate of speed, do you want to be “left behind” to deal with the aftermath?  If you think now is a dark time, I don’t believe we can even contemplate what that time may be.


Are you afraid?  You should be especially if you are sitting on the fence in your beliefs! I don’t know how to suggest anyone “start” on their journey, the way I did was to read the Left Behind Series, which lead me to check its accuracy in the Bible, which I now read regularly and am always finding applicable verses to my life.  If you had asked me a dozen years ago, I would have told you I thought I was a Christian based on my being a “good” person.  I now know that it has nothing to do with me and my abilities, but instead in believing John 3:16 and then in understanding that “it is only through grace that we are saved, not by our works” – Ephesians 2:8.


Check it out for yourselves!


Looking up!


Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment