Monday, August 22, 2011

Goodbye

As I walked from the room, I smiled and said Goodbye, meaning I’ll see you again, same time, same place where we will once again share the joys of our friendship.  My heart was full and I felt content feeling as if the bond of connection was fortified.  I would look forward to our next visit.  For me, I always like them sooner than later because I’ve learned that time is so precious and true connections so rare.

But today time ran out and that goodbye meant there isn’t a same time, same place and the joy of seeing your face light up will now be a treasured memory for me.  You have gone home and I will certainly miss you.  In the short time I’ve known you, you were truly the beautiful creation of God in my life, happy to see me, without complaint and filled with His love.  We accepted each other and just enjoyed the minutes spent together.

I signed up for this privilege and have no regrets but it doesn’t make saying goodbye any less difficult.  I look forward to our next meeting some time and some place, where once again joy will light up your face, but this time the joy will be without pain or fear.  Thanks for your blessings, I am forever changed because of what you’ve meant in my life.

Rest in God’s arms, and drink of His peace and if you could possibly look to save me a seat we will have much to catch up on when next we shall meet.



I am a hospice volunteer and just was called to say that my first patient passed away this weekend.  I cannot begin to tell you what a wonderful organization Hospice is.  I am NOT anyone special, in my willingness to volunteer here.  In many ways I was fearful of this day and what my reaction would be to it and while there are tears, there are such blessings.  I didn't think I had what it took to do this and postponed signing up to do this for years and now, well suffice it to say, at least I'm here now.  I do not wish for accolades in regard to this post (nor any of my posts).  I post for the simple reason of sharing my thoughts that have resulted from God's blessings and if someone resonates with them or is inspired than God is then praised.

Looking up!

Barb

1 comment:

  1. During my recent brush with hospice this song kept playing in my head:

    http://youtu.be/8oRufiKepOI

    ReplyDelete