Sunday, July 10, 2011

Did you know you are part of a story?

This morning as I was sitting outside enjoying a cup of Blueberry coffee while reading my morning devotional material, I sifted through a myriad of thoughts and it is the last thought I’m going to try to make sense of in today’s blog.

God is the author of our lives.  Which means God is writing a book.  In His book, “His story”….. (history) sorry, I just love that…..He has an immense cast of characters.  Guess who?!  Us!  We are part of God’s story.  Did you already know that?

Now, if you can’t tell, I’m a wannabe writer.  I have in fact started a book, well numerous ones if you must know, but somewhere along the line, stuff gets in the way of my finishing them, but always in the back of my mind, those characters I’ve created are waiting to become complete, it is just that each character needs time to develop and also that other parts of the story have to be hammered out.

Hmmm…..sounds like God, as the author, has some of the same issues with His writing as I do with mine and just for the record I am NOT saying my story is in any way shape or form comparable to Gods!  Nor is my talent.

God’s story in each one of us is an ongoing script that is being written on a daily basis.  Some of his characters are villains – you know the ones seemingly not on the same plains (I'm thinking midwest lands) or should it be plane (air travel) of thought as He is, others are the good guys, who aren’t necessarily perfect but who appear to be headed in the right direction.

Any good story has conflict, I don’t know about your bit part in His story, but I have enough conflict in my script to share – let me know if you want some!  I haven’t quite figured out what chapter He has me in, and I definitely don’t know how long my book is going to run, but I have finally figured out, I need to start paying attention to the fact that I’m about to reach the most pivotal point in the story of my life, I can’t just be a run-on-sentence forever! 

What is your story saying about you?  He may have sculpted us, but He has given each of us two scripts to read.  Sometimes we start out thinking that the more interesting script is the bad guy, because of all the drama and intrigue associated with this role, and sometimes it appears like there is the reward of never getting caught!  For some, the good guy role might seem to be more of a milk-toast part and for people who don’t know what milk-toast is, it is bland fare, nothing much, as if there is no spice so as not to upset the stomach.  Here’s the final thought I had this morning though before coming in to type this up.

The good guy role has its “spice” buried like treasure.  If it was all on the surface, it might be stolen, so instead God plants it deep and it is only when one goes on a quest to find it, that they come across it.  What is then immensely satisfying is that once you start on the treasure hunt of the role, you want to dig a bit deeper, mostly because you keep finding clues that He has left letting you know that there is more to this story than you originally thought.  By the time you get that deep into it, there is no turning back, you are hooked!  Meanwhile the bad guy can’t fathom what it is that has you so intrigued, because they haven’t been given that insight. 

Each day I find more and more buried treasure, but I’ve gotta tell you, it takes work and some days I dig and come up empty handed, but other days I seemingly hit the jackpot.  Also, just so you know, villains can be changed into the good guys, that’s part of the allure of writing, the author can do whatever he/she wants with the character! 

What’s your character?

Looking up!~ Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment