Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dog spelled backwards is....

Why is dog, God spelled backwards?  Is it because for the most part they are loving, kind, loyal and true?  Is it because they don't demand their way (unless of course they have to go out and you don't let them and then they poop on your living room rug -yeah that just happened last week!)  Why can they look at you with those puppy dog eyes and just make you melt every time?  What should we be learning from our dogs?  No matter what the circumstances are, they greet us with their wagging tails of happiness, just for being there!  They are encouragement in fur-covered bodies with electrical outlet shaped noses - never noticed, go look!  Are they shaped that way as the idea that we need to plug ourselves in?  As I gaze into my dogs' eyes, I feel as if they can look into my soul and it is as if God is saying trust me!   I don't mean any disrepect to God, I believe it is just another way of Him being able and willing to reach us at our level, whatever that level may be. If I take one day at a time, then just for today, I can be as trusting as these wonderful creatures given a name that spells God backwards!  Right now, I believe I'm being asked to play ball, as one of my goldens just picked up 2 balls in her mouth and pushed my arm away from my computer, she even brought a ball for her sister!  Thoughtful too! :)

Looking up!

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts, Barb! Can't wait til I get home so I can bookmark the page!

    ReplyDelete